Welcome to Señor Garnet's Spanish 2 MCR class for the 2017-2018 school year!
¡Hola! Welcome to my class! You will be using this website throughout the school year, so make sure you know how to find it quickly (you can bookmark it, you can Google "senor garnet", or you can scan the QR code in the classroom). Also, take some time to explore what the website resources are (HINT: check the dropdown under "Spanish" to find the main Spanish page with lots of links, the videos page, the "Did you know...?" blog, etc.)
Mon. Aug 28:
• Week 1-A: Senorgarnet.weebly.com Contact
Your first assignment (1-A means Week 1, Assignment A) is to use my contact page to send me an email. This is to make sure you know how to contact me, and so we can work out any contact problems right at the start of the year. Please let me know if you have any problems!!!
To get credit, you must include:
- Your first and last name, class period, and a valid email address I can reply to if needed
- Tell me about something that has helped you be successful in a previous class, or really enjoy it
- Tell me something that frustrates you in school, or makes it hard for you to succeed
- Share something interesting about yourself, to help me get to know you and remember who you are
- BONUS POINTS: Show off your best Spanish!
• Week 1-B: Practice Quiz for Etapa Preliminar - Part 1
Wed. Aug 30:
• Week 1-C: Notes on Tomatina festival (Click here if you missed the lesson)
VIDEOS: Firsthand view of festival - GoPro footage; Gigantes y Cabezudos, the festival that started the tomato fight back in the 1940s
• Week 1-D: Worksheet - Tomatina
Thurs. Aug 31:
• Begin going through textbook to review material from Spanish 1 (pages 2-5)
• Review of gustar, indirect object pronouns, and words that behave like gustar
• Week 1-E: Workbook p.1
Fri. Sep 1:
• Week 1-F: Práctica - Translating gustar sentences
• Week 1-F: Workbook p.2