Please note: This week's classes and lessons are a bit of a circus, with the testing schedule making certain classes 70-80 minutes long and others 30-40 minutes. Please forgive the mess, I'll do my best to keep the details organized here, but it will be somewhat confusing, as different periods reach different points in each lesson.
(sequence & date of activities vary by class period, but you should have all of these):
- Finish the diagram of the prepositions of location & turn in Week 29 packet
- Warmup: Describe the location of 5 things in the image shown on the screen, and five things in our actual classroom
- Fill in the translations for the vocabulary on the Map of South Bay worksheet
- Warmup: Use commands and translate the driving directions on the screen
- Tour of the streets of Barcelona, Spain walking & flying over in Google Maps and Google Earth (interactive in-class activity)
- Textbook p.285, Activity 9 - Using Google Earth to "walk" to each location, following directions given out loud
- Warmup: With a small group, collaborate to write down driving directions in Spanish to each of the five locations listed on the whiteboard
- Video notes on Barcelona
- TAREA #58: Choose a city, either Madrid or Barcelona. Do a little bit of light research on real-world locations in the city, and select four actual locations: A) A hotel, B) a museum, C) a restaurant, and D) a tourist spot that is unique to that city. Then write out walking or driving directions from location A to B, B to C, and C to D. Use Google Maps if needed, but translate the turn-by-turn directions yourself using the vocabulary we have been studying.
- Video notes on Madrid