Welcome back! Today in class we discussed objectives for the new school year, and I shared a comment from and online discussion about the college admissions process, affirmative action, and what admissions offices look for when looking at a prospective incoming class.
• Important takeaways:
- By the end of this school year, you need to be ready to start applying for college
- You should take at least one SAT or ACT test this year
- Picking a school and major are very personal processes, and you will need to think about who you are and what you want
• PLEASE BEGIN BRINGING YOUR COPY OF THE BOOK "LITTLE BROTHER" TO CLASS EVERY DAY!
Tues. Aug 29:
• Week 1-A: Notes on Little Brother Chapter 1
Wed. Aug 30:
• Week 1-B: Notes on Little Brother Chapter 2 (incomplete)
Thurs. Aug 31:
• Discussing AVID field trip to colleges
Fri. Sep 1:
• Fun Friday